As you can see, coming up with a passphrase as opposed to a password is a far better way of creating a secure and memorable login credential.
My printer won’t print!
Sometimes printers make you feel like they’re just not in the mood to work. They can be quite temperamental and somewhat confusing at the best of times!
Some of the best solutions to try coaxing your printer into cooperating are:
- Check the printer status and that everything is plugged in.
- Do you have an error message (paper jam, no ink etc)? Generally, these issues can be resolved quickly by actioning through the printers’ interface.
- Clear the printer queue (Right-click on the printer icon, usually located in the bottom right corner of your task bar, then choose “Open All Printers” to see a list of currently queued items). This should clear out any old documents that were blocking the queue.
- Is your printer connected via wifi? If you connect your computer to your printer with a USB cable instead, this will sometimes resolve connection issues.
- Make sure the you have installed the necessary drivers for your printer. Windows will generally do this for you when the printer first connects but on occasion, you’ll need to head to the manufacturers website and download them from there.
If you’ve tried everything and your printer still won’t do what you’re asking of it- call for help! There are a lot of components that need to line up for a printer to work as it should so it’s never a bad idea to ask for professional assistance.